Ladders are a leading cause of workplace incidents, yet they are often overlooked as a safety hazard. To help employers and workers complete compliant ladder safety training, this online Ladder Safety Online course covers the fundamentals for the safe use of all types of ladders. A Canada-Compliant Training Class for Ladder Safety (covers portable, fixed, specialty and job-made ladders). I-CAB Recognized. This course satisfies Canada’s requirements for the classroom training.
Complete with detailed modules and case studies, this online course satisfies the requirements for classroom training. Upon completion, you will be able to print a customizable form that can be used as needed to observe worker application of the principles discussed during the training.
- Ladder types
- Ladder components and how they differ between ladder types
- How to build a job-made wooden ladder
- Pre-shift inspections
- Portable and fixed ladder inspections
- How to choose a ladder
- 3-point contact method
- Setup and takedown of ladders
- Hazards of working with ladders
- Ladder incident case studies
- Common obstacles to taking action
- Warning signs
- Violence prevention tips
- Supervisor action items